Doctor of Psychology (Clinical)
B. SocSc Hons (Psych), B. Arts (Psych & Soci)
Counselling Centre; Fertility Centre
- Eating problems & body image
- Relationship issues between spouses, partners and family members
- Sexuality & gender, including LGBTQIA
- Recovery from traumatic events & loss
- Recovery from addictive substances & behaviours
- Reproductive issues (e.g. sub-fertility, pre-/post-pregnancy, sexual difficulties etc)
- Health behaviour changes (e.g. smoking cessation, chronic pain, diabetes etc)
Dr Cecilia Chu is a clinical psychologist who is trained in a variety of psychological interventions. She seeks to understand and help, in a respectful and compassionate way. She partners her patients and their families to develop a customised recovery plan, and is invested in seeing them through to a good outcome.
Dr Cecilia enjoys working with people of different age groups (ranging from children/teens to adults, the elderly and families) with psychiatric, emotional and behavioural challenges. She is also comfortable working across different cultures. She is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese, and understands most Chinese dialects.
Dr Cecilia provides clinical supervision to clinical psychologists-in-training from post-graduate programmes, and regularly trains school counsellors, youth counsellors and other healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses, doctors etc).