Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to handling your Personal Data under our control with care. Raffles Health Insurance Pte. Ltd. (including the Raffles Medical Group (“RMG”) and the group of companies under the RMG, our appointed/ authorised vendors and/ service providers, as well as their respective representatives and/ or agents and authorised distributors (as the case may be) shall collectively be referred to as “RHI”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “Raffles Health Insurance”.
This document serves to inform you of our practices on Personal Data management. You should read this Privacy Statement to know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data. It supplements any other consents which you may have previously provided to us on your Personal Data.
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to be consistent with our internal practices and to stay abreast with future developments in the industry and/ or changes in legal and regulatory requirements and as such through your interactions with us, you agree to be bound by the updated Privacy Statement.
“Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from the data or from the data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. (Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“the Act”))
Examples of such Personal Data you may have provided Us during the course of your interactions with Us include your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and other information on any individuals you have provided Us in the forms that you may have submitted to Us or through other forms of interaction with you.
Collection of Personal Data
We will necessarily need to collect, use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data or personal information about you (and your family members, as the case may be required) in order to process, administer and/or manage your relationship, account and policy with Us. Such Personal Data includes (i) information set out in the proposal or other forms relating to any of Our products or services; and any other personal information provided by you or possessed by Us; (ii) your claims; and (iii) medical information, which will be kept confidential.
Purpose for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Ordinarily, We collect, use, disclose and/or processed your Personal Data for one or more of the Purpose(s):
- considering whether to provide you with the insurance you applied for;
- processing your application for underwriting and insurance;
- administering and/or managing your relationship, account and/or policy with Us;
- processing and/or dealing with any claims including the settlement of claims and any necessary investigations relating to the claims under your policy;
- carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by Us;
- carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiries by you;dealing in any matters relating to the services and/or products which you are entitled to under the policy which you are applying for or have applied;
- (including the mailing of correspondence, statements, invoices, reports or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain Personal Data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages);
- investigating fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omission, whether relating to your application, your claims or any other matter relating to your policy, and whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- complying with applicable law in administering and managing your relationship with Us; and/orsending you marketing, advertising, promotional information about other insurance, investment and/or financial products and/or services that we may be selling or marketing, and which We believe may be of interest or benefit to you, by the following modes of communication such as postal mail, electronic transmission to your email address, SMS/MMS (text message) and fax or your telephone number provided by you (unless you have specifically opted out or have subsequently written to Us to stop sending you such marketing, advertising and promotional information)
We may/will also be collecting from sources other than yourself, Personal Data about you, for one or more of the above Purpose, and thereafter using, disclosing and/or processing such Personal Data for one or more of the above Purpose.
Your Personal Data may/will be disclosed by Us to Our third party service providers or agents (including its lawyers / law firms), which may be sited outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above Purpose, as such third party service providers or agents, if engaged by Us, would be processing your Personal Data for RHI for one or more of the above Purpose.
Through your interactions with Us (including Our agents and authorized distributors, as the case may be), providing or submitting information to Us or signing up for products or services offered by Us, you agree and
- consent to RHI collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your Personal Data for the Purpose as described above;
- consent to RHI collecting Personal Data about you from sources other than yourself and using, disclosing and/or processing the same, for one or more of the Purpose as described above;
- consent to RHI disclosing your Personal Data to its third party service providers, or agents (including its lawyers / law firms), for the
Purpose as described above;
- consent to RHI transferring your Personal Data out of Singapore to its third party service providers, or agents where such third party
service providers or agents are sited (whether in Singapore or outside of Singapore), for the Purpose as described above; and
- represent and warrant that you are the user and/or subscriber of the telephone number(s) provided by you, and that you have read and understood the above provisions.
In the interest of continuously improving Our service to Our policyholders and members, your call may be recorded and may be monitored.
Anonymised or aggregated data may be used by RHI, or disclosed to others, for research or statistical purposes.
Claims information may also be shared with appointed third parties involved in the management and handling of your claim.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that certain websites employ to store on the user’s hard drive, personalised browsing settings. Similarly we may require cookies to help run certain services on the site. You may set up your web browser security level to deny or accept cookies and if you do reject cookies from our site, some of our site may not work properly.
Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of Your Personal Data
If you have any questions or feedback on your Personal Data or Our Privacy Statement or if you would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records (i.e. factual information which you have previously provided Us and which includes), you can either email to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Us at:
Data Protection Officer
Raffles Health Insurance Pte. Ltd.
No. 25 Tannery Lane
If your Personal Data has been provided to Us by a third party (e.g. a policy owner who has included you as an insured member under a family insurance cover), you should contact that individual to make such queries, complaints, feedback, and access and correction requests to Raffles Health Insurance on your behalf.
If your Personal Data has been provided to Us by a third party (e.g. an authorized person of an organization has included you as a member of a benefit program), you should contact that individual (usually the Group Secretary or your employer) to make such queries, complaints, feedback, and access and correction requests to Raffles Health Insurance on your behalf.
This Privacy Statement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
Date: 2 June 2017