What Should You Do
Personal Preventive Measures and Travel Advice
If you are travelling overseas,
- Go near live animals, including poultry & birds
- Eat raw and uncooked meats
- Be in crowded places and around people who are unwell
- Wash hands frequently with soap
- Wear a mask if you have a cough or runny nose
- Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing
- See a doctor if you feel unwell
Avoid all non-essential travel to mainland China.
In case of symptoms suggestive of respiratory illness, either during or after travel, wear a surgical mask, seek medical attention, and share your travel history with your health care provider.
Persons who have been put on a leave of absence (LOA) should stay at home and avoid social contact. They should avoid crowded places and refrain from attending social or public gatherings. They should monitor their health closely, and seek medical attention immediately if they develop any fever or symptoms of acute respiratory illness such as cough or shortness of breath.
Consider getting the Influenza Vaccination: Although it does NOT confer protection against 2019-nCoV, it will prevent you from contracting influenza symptoms and signs that may mislead screening authorities at temperature checkpoints, and result in unnecessary anxiety and delays to your travel.