The Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) is set up to promote and co-ordinate the conduct of clinical trials within Raffles Hospital.
The CTU serves as a one-stop resource centre to match potential sponsors with clinician researchers, and to provide support to clinicians to conduct high quality clinical trials.
Clinical trials constitute a critical basis for innovation in disease management. They allow our patients early access to novel and cutting-edge treatments before their approval for commercial use. Such trials are now integral components of cancer treatments and are particularly important when standards of care have failed.
The Raffles Hospital CTU provides the following services:
- Engage potential sponsors and matching them with clinician-researchers
- Serve as resource centre for clinicians undertaking trials
- Co-ordinate Institutional Review Board and regulatory submissions
- Co-ordinate protocol procedures
- Facilitate monitoring visits
- Safety reporting of trials
For more information on our Clinical Trials, click here.