Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a well-established system of medicine that is based on the accumulated clinical experience of many TCM practitioners over thousands of years.
Raffles Chinese Medicine – Hong Kong is established in 2012. All of our practitioners are registered under the Chinese Medicine Council of Hong Kong and have experience in TCM treatments such as acupuncture, Tui Na, herbal medicine, cupping, and Tian-jiu Therapy.
Our Chinese Medicine Physicians (CMPs) are dedicated to provide the most effective and authentic Chinese Medical Care to facilitate recovery and achieve best treatment outcomes. Services include internal medicine (respiratory, digestive, neurology, vascular, urology, endocrine, oncology), dermatology, gynaecology, paediatrics and musculoskeletal problems.
Conditions that may benefit from Chinese Medicine treatments
- Common Conditions – Cold, Cough and Travel Discomfort
- Allergy – Rhinitis, Asthma and Eczema
- Pain Management – Neck and Shoulder, Lower Back, Sciatica, Joints, Trigeminal Neuralgia and Strain
- Women’s Health – Menstrual Disorders, Infertility and Menopausal Syndrome
- Men’s Health – Impotence and Prostatitis
- Skin Condition - Acne, Eczema, Alopecia and Psoriasis
- Neurological Condition – Vertigo and Tinnitus, Headache, Stroke Rehabilitation and Facial Palsy
- Digestive Problems – Epigastric Discomfort, Belching and Acid Reflux, Diarrhoea and Constipation
- Emotions, Stress Related Conditions – Anxiety, Chronic Fatigue and Insomnia Depression
- Cancer – Post-radiotherapy / Chemotherapy and Cancer Aftercare
- Weight Control
Both herbal decoction and powdered medicine are available in our clinic. The herbal decoctions are brewed, prepared and delivered to your preferred address at your convenience.
Acupuncture is performed according to the Meridian system, Yin & Yang, and 5 Elements of the Chinese Medical Theories.
Acupuncture therapy can be used in many conditions such as chronic pain, insomnia, headache, facial palsy, stroke rehabilitation and digestive discomfort.
Treatment methods commonly used are ear acupuncture, cupping, scalp acupuncture, electro-acupuncture, and moxibustion.
Acupuncture needles are all disposables to ensure that health and safety regulations are followed.
Tui Na (Chinese Manipulation)
Tui Na is commonly applied in musculoskeletal conditions, such as strain and other injuries.
Special herbal medicines with warming effect are applied on some meridian points. The therapy has to be given during the hottest or coldest period of the year according to the Chinese calendar.
Tian-jiu therapy is commonly used, with the best results, in allergic rhinitis, asthma, chronic bronchitis and conditions associated with coldness.
Health and Disease Prevention
Sub-health is a state between health and illness. It can be simply improved by consuming herbs, dietary control and modification of lifestyle.
In addition to having access to in-house imaging, laboratory facilities and translators, the real strength of the TCM Centre lies in its highly qualified physicians who work closely with western medicine specialists to co-manage patients with specific conditions. These can range from asthma and insomnia, to fertility and pain management in cancer.
Hong Kong International Airport Clinic