Sports-related injuries can be acute or chronic. Acute sports injuries such as ankle or muscle strains are commonly sustained due to sudden twists or accidental body impact during group sports. Professional athletes and sports enthusiasts may develop chronic sports injuries over time, due to overexertion or repeated physical stress to the body.
Such chronic injuries typically form over a long period with deep-rooted discomfort that affects one’s physical performance and mental health.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), pain arises due to Qi (energy) and blood circulation being obstructed at the site of injury.
Various methods can be used to manage pain symptoms such as acupuncture, cupping, and Chinese herbal medication. They may be administered in tandem to increase Qi and blood circulation to the injured area, facilitating soft tissue recovery, reducing muscle stiffness, tension, and pain.
A customised treatment plan will be tailored for you after a detailed consultation with our experienced team of physicians.
Why Choose Raffles Chinese Medicine
- We have English- and Mandarin-speaking physicians who are registered with the TCM Practitioners Board in Singapore.
- To provide the best care for patients, our team of TCM physicians work closely with western medicine practitioners to co-manage medical conditions such as fertility, women’s health, and pain management.
- We offer patients the benefits of TCM that are established, safely administered and managed according to modern quality standards.
Let us help you relieve your aches and pains, and get you on the path to good health.
Raffles TCM Sports Injury Management Package
Location: Raffles Chinese Medicine, Raffles Hospital, Level 2
This package includes:
- One consultation and health examination with our TCM physicians.
- One acupuncture session to relieve your pain symptoms.
Price is inclusive of GST.