Whether you are experiencing labour pains or admitting as your doctor has recommended planned/induced labour for you, here’s some key information you should take note of in preparation for your impending labour.
In this video, we share what you can do to prepare before your baby's arrival.
Elective Admission for Delivery
On the scheduled date of admission, please proceed to Business Centre at Level 8 from Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.30pm for registration. After office hours, please proceed to Business Centre at Level 9.
Admission for Emergency Delivery
In the event of an emergency delivery, or when you feel that birth is imminent, please proceed directly to Labour Ward at Level 8.
Our delivery suites are spacious and specially designed to provide a comfortable setting for you and your husband to prepare for your baby’s arrival.
Our experienced team of specialists and nurses will be on hand to assist you with delivery of your baby.
Registration for Admission
Please bring the following documents for admission registration:
- Letter of admission (given to you in the clinic)
- Identity card/ FIN card/ passport of both patient and spouse
- Identity card of the Medisave Account Holder
- Deposit for delivery will be collected upon admission (If you have signed up for a hospital package, full payment of the package price will be required upon admission.)
- Payment may be made in cash, NETS or credit cards
What to Bring for Your Stay
Pack your bag 2 weeks in advance and prepare for a hospital stay of about 2 days for normal delivery and 3 days for Caesarean section:
- 2 breastfeeding brassieres
- 2 nightgowns (with front openings if you are breast feeding)
- A warm cardigan
- Extra panties and sanitary pads
- Baby’s mittens & booties
- Baby vest and wrapping blanket for the day of discharge
- Baby car seat if driving home
Items Provided by the Hospital
- Basic toiletries pack, which include shampoo & bath foam, comb, face towel,
- tooth brush and tooth paste
- Disposable bedroom slipper for Single and Deluxe Rooms and Suites
- Breast pump is available upon request at no extra charge.
- Accessories are chargeable such as funnel and bottle
(Package items – for first pack only, subsequent pack will be chargeable)
- Disposable diaper
- Baby wet wipes
- Baby vest during hospital stay
Delivering at Raffles Hospital
Your labour day is one filled with anticipation. In this video, we guide you through the process so you know what to expect on your big day. From getting to the delivery suites to pain relief options, get all your answers about the labour process on video below.