Advance Medical Directive (AMD) Review $58.00 (inclusive of GST)
You can now get your Advance Medical Directive (AMD) witnessed and certified by doctors from Raffles Medical.
An AMD is a legal document. You sign it in advance to inform the doctor who is treating you (in the event that you become terminally ill and unconscious) that you do not want any extraordinary life-sustaining treatment to be used to prolong your life.
Extraordinary life-sustaining treatment is any medical treatment which serves only to prolong the process of dying for terminally ill patients but does not cure the illness.
Making an AMD is a voluntary decision.
You must be at least 21 years old, of sound mind and able to make informed decisions.
- Obtain and complete the AMD form. Print both pages on a single sheet of paper.
- Consult a doctor and bring along a witness. You need to have two people witness you signing the AMD and they must sign the form as witnesses in your presence. One witness must be the doctor. The second witness must be 21 years or above. As long as both witnesses have no vested interest in your demise, they would be allowed to act as witnesses.
- Return the form to The Registrar of AMD The completed form should be sent in a sealed envelope by mail or by hand to the Registrar of Advance Medical Directives at Ministry of Health, Singapore, College of Medicine Building, 16 College Road, Singapore 169854.
Your AMD is only valid when it is registered with the Registrar of Advance Medical Directives. The Registrar will send you an acknowledgement when the directive has been registered.
In addition to bringing the completed AMD form, you need to bring along your NRIC / Identification documents.
Yes, please call your preferred Raffles Medical clinic directly for your appointment.
As a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, our physicians have access to the finest medical expertise from the United States, right here in Singapore. With dedicated doctors, nurses and clinic staff, you will get the highest quality of consultation, treatment and management for all of your primary health needs.
Terms and conditions
- Price is in Singapore dollars and inclusive of GST.
- Prior appointment is required. Please call your preferred Raffles Medical clinic.
- Items in the AMD review are non-exchangeable and non-refundable, including unutilised portion(s).
- Not valid with other corporate programmes.
- Listed price and terms are subject to change without prior notice