Testicular growth

Ask the Raffles Medical Group Experts


I am 46 years old. Recently, I found a small growth on the outer skin of my testis. When I pressed it, it appeared to be hard but there was no pain. Please kindly advise.


If the lump is on the scrotal skin, it is probably a sebaceous cyst and is benign. Sebaceous cyst can occasionally get infected and cause pain. If there is pain, it is advisable to get the cyst removed.

You should also do a thorough self-examination of the testis to ensure that the lump does not arise from the testis itself, as this would warrant medical attention. You should seek medical help if you have any further doubts.